4349 Wisteria Lane, is an address of Wisteria Lane.
It is a large Victorian style home, which portrays a somewhat exotic and sunny exterior. The original color of the house was a Mustard Yellow as seen in Season 1, which was gradually brightened from season 6 onwards to the bright yellow seen in season 7 onwards. The house also had white detailing and two more windows on the garage door addded to it for the seventh season. During the eighth season (2017) Gabrielle has the front living room redecorated to help her and Carlos forget the night of Alejandros murder, which took place there. It receives new curtains, furniture, carpet and is re-painted grey. The house has 4 bedrooms with the possibility of a guest bedroom on the third floor. It also contains 2 living rooms, 3 bathrooms, various storage rooms, 2 dining areas and a garage with an automatic tilt garage door. The backyard is shown to have a pool, a gazebo, and a hot tub which may have been removed.
Wisteria Lane residents Gabrielle Solis and Carlos Solis moved into this house in summer of 2003. Gabrielle lived in the house from 2003-2018 when she and her family moved to California to live in a mansion. Carlos Solis lived in the house nearly the entire show. Gabrielle and Carlos get divorced in season three and Gabrielle keeps the house. Gabrielle almost sells it when she get's remarried but does not when her husband dies and she remarries Carlos in episode eleven of season four. During season two, Gabrielle and Carlos take in a maid named Xiao-Mei and she lives in their guest room. She lived with them for the second half of season two and first two episodes of season three until she moves out after having an affair with Carlos. In the final four episodes of season four, after Gabrielle and Carlos get remarried but have no money, Gabrielle and Carlos rent out a room to Ellie Leonard. Ellie leaves however when the police find out she's a drug deeler and she is shot and killed. After the five year time jump between seasons four and five, Gabrielle and Carlos have two daughters named Juanita and Celia who live with them. In the fifth season finale, Gabrielle and Carlos take in Carlos's niece Ana who moves to New York in the seventeenth episode of season six.
Current Residents -
Previous Residents -
- Gabrielle Solis (Pre Series to end of Season 8)
- Carlos Solis (Pre Series to end of Season 2, Mid Season 4 to end of Season 8)
- Xiao-Mei (Mid Season 2 to early Season 3)
- Ellie Leonard (Late Season 4)
- Juanita Solis (End of Season 4 to end of Season 8)
- Celia Solis (End of Season 4 to end of Season 8)
- Ana Solis (End of Season 5 to part of Season 6)
Behind the Scenes -
- This house has an actual first floor interior (Entry and Living/Dining room), all other inside shots (Kitchen, Family-room, Bedrooms, Bathrooms) are filmed in a soundstage on the the studio.
- The Backayrd of 4349 Wisteria Lane is filmed at a 3,500-square-foot house on a 1&1/2-acre lot in the San Fernando Valley, California.
- This house has many elements in common with the Psycho House (1960) as both were created by using the same stock units, However the roofline of 4349 Wisteria Lane was remodeled before filming to avoid comparisons.
- It was also the "The Simmons Mansion" ( AKA: "The Murder House") in the Don Knotts 1966 Universal Pictures feature film. Before that it was "The Dowd house" in the 1950 film "Harvey" staring James Stewart.
- The master bedroom's location is unrealistic as there are windows on the left side of the room (interior view from door) which is impossible as the front balcony is shown at the end of the room which makes it impossible to have the windows on the left and the bedroom door on the right as the windows is where the wall separating the master from the room with the inaccessible balcony is.+