|Date of Birth||March 4, 1990|
Andrea Bowen began acting at age 6 as Young Cosette in the Broadway production of "Les Miserables". She went on to star in the original Broadway casts of "Jane Eyre" (Adele) and "The Sound of Music" (Marta). Other New York stage credits include the role of Young Dorothy in a Lincoln Center Workshop production called WAS and Alison in Disney's new production, 'When You Wish', written and directed by Tina Landau. As a recording artist she can be heard on Original Cast Recordings of Jane Eyre and The Sound of Music, the concept CDs of Night of the Hunter and Z the Masked Musical and on recordings for Sugar Beats and The Broadway Kids.
Bowen has starred or appeared in the following:
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999): Sophie Douglas (1 episode; 2001)
- That Was Then (2002): Zooey Glass (3 episodes)
- Without a Trace (2002): Becky Grolnick (1 episode; 2005)
- Ghost Whisperer (2005): Rebecca Kelly (1 episode; 2009)
- Desperate Housewives: Julie Mayer
- Has three older brothers: Graham Bowen (born November 30, 1982), Alex Bowen, & Cameron Bowen (born September 13, 1988) and two older sisters: Jessica Bowen and Jillian Bowen (born April 18, 1984).
- After a few years of being a blonde, Andrea dyed her hair back to the natural brown of her childhood upon landing the role of Julie Mayer to match that of her TV-mom, Teri Hatcher. Andrea later changed it back to dying it blonde. In October of 2009, she went back to brunette but with a reddish hue this time.