"Like it Was" is the 51st episode of Desperate Housewives.
Mike Delfino has woken up from his coma, and has no recollection of the past two years, and Edie is there to fill in the blanks. Susan is still in the country with Ian, when she receives the news. Bree finds her family is anything but perfect. Lynette is determined not to let Parker quit baseball because he made a commitment, even though he's terrible at it. Carlos moves back into the Solis house, much to Gabrielle's displeasure.
Previously on Desperate Housewives
Orson found Andrew and the prodigal son returned. Mike fell into a coma. And Susan fell into the arms of another man... a bit too soon.
|Mary Alice Young|
- Orson finds Andrew, who explains what he had to do to survive out on the streets, before returning home to Bree. ("A Weekend in the Country")
- Mike is run over during a hit-and-run accident. ("Remember")
- Susan and Ian have sex for the first time, while staying at his holiday home. ("A Weekend in the Country")
- Mike wakes up from his coma. ("A Weekend in the Country")
The day Mike Delfino woke from his coma, Edie Britt was the first to know. Once she was sure he was responsive...Edie decided to share the good news with others. And that is how word began to spread. Mike's physician, Dr. Craig, was busy with a patient when he first heard the news. Not long after, he called his Aunt Ida, who was busy knitting a sweater. She told Lynette Scavo, who was busy watering her lawn. And she told her husband Tom, who was busy playing a computer game. He then emailed his friend Carlos, who was busy plotting strategy with his divorce lawyer. And Carlos called his soon-to-be-ex-wife, Gabrielle, who was busy doing the same with hers. Yes, word of Mike's miraculous recovery spread quickly throughout Wisteria Lane and stopped cold everyone's busy, busy life. Everyone, that is, except Susan Mayer, who was busy doing something she would soon wish she hadn't.
|Mary Alice Young|
Mike Delfino has awoken from his coma. Edie Britt was the first one to find out. Edie walks closer to Mike who then scares her by moving suddenly. Edie runs screaming down the hospital hallway telling the nurses at the reception desk that Mike is awake. We then see how the residents of Wisteria Lane learn about Mike's recovery; the nurse tells Mike's doctor, Lee Craig; Dr Craig rings his Aunt Ida; Ida tells Lynette; Lynette tells Tom; Tom sends a text message to Carlos; Carlos rings Gabrielle; Gabrielle rings Bree; Bree tells Danielle; and Danielle phones Julie. Julie then tries phoning her mother, Susan, who is away in a remote mountain lodge with her new boyfriend Ian. She has no reception and is busy taking a romantic bath with Ian.
- Andrea Bowen appears briefly in this episode with only one scene, but she has no speaking lines.
- Although credited, Austin McCann (Josh Henderson), Preston Scavo (Brent Kinsman), and Porter Scavo (Shane Kinsman) do not appear in this episode.
- When Susan and Ian are in bed, Edith Piaf's song Non, je ne regrette rien can briefly be heard.
- The episode title, Like It Was is that of a song from the Stephen Sondheim musical Merrily We Roll Along.